POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image Maps question : Re: Image Maps question Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:26:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image Maps question
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 6 May 1999 01:37:58
Message: <37311C98.E8A8EA93@Kopp.com>
Ken wrote:

>   My recommendation was of course based on the official version of Pov.
> I think there might be an option in the UV pov patched version that
> would let you go around the image map being treated as a solid texture.
> I can't remember for sure so am hesitnt to say more at this time.
>
>  Mr. Kopp if you read this would you care to confirm or deny this one way
> or another ?

This would be a good use for uv mapping.  But the uv coordinates of CSG
objects aren't that well defined. (Oh, it's not csg?  well then if sPatch
exported uv coordinates (which it does not) you could do some really fun
stuff).

I was going to suggest using wood or cylindrical with a pigment map, but
it looks like Ron already suggested that.  You mention that the bottle
is from sPatch.  Can't you just split it up in sPatch into two different
parts (outside and inside)?  The you could apply the map just to the
outside.

-Nathan