POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image Maps question : Re: Image Maps question Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image Maps question
From: Ken
Date: 4 May 1999 02:25:16
Message: <372E8446.76B08227@pacbell.net>
Mike Metheny wrote:

> <<Apply the image to a seperate object that has the same surface definitions
> of the original but has only the surface area you wish to cover. Then apply
> this hopefully very thin object as a decal or label to the original. It's
> kinda cheesy but it works
>
> Sigh. . .that's what I've done in the past but I was hoping there'd be an
> easier way around this. . .oh well guess it's time to chop it up with CSG. .
> .hopefully it won't look too bad. . .I'm just afraid it'll look funny since
> it's glass.
>
> --
>
> Mike Metheny
> lon### [at] vtedu
> mik### [at] loneshepherdcom
> http://www.loneshepherd.com/
>
> "When one's words are no better than silence, one should keep silent."

  My recommendation was of course based on the official version of Pov.
I think there might be an option in the UV pov patched version that
would let you go around the image map being treated as a solid texture.
I can't remember for sure so am hesitnt to say more at this time.

 Mr. Kopp if you read this would you care to confirm or deny this one way
or another ?

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net