POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mushroom cloud using DF3 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:28:32 EDT (-0400)
  Mushroom cloud using DF3 (Message 11 to 20 of 22)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 2 Messages >>>
From: Ken
Subject: Re: Mushroom cloud using DF3
Date: 16 Apr 1999 16:02:43
Message: <371787FD.BA31EF45@pacbell.net>
Jim Kress wrote:

> It depends on how you want to create the df3 file.  there have been several
> posts in the povray newsgroups about utilities that create a df3 file from
> various types of images.
>
> I've written some code to take a 3D array of x,y,z data and from that
> directly create a df3 file.  If anyone is interested, I can clean it up and
> post a copy in the binaries.utilities group.
>
> --
> Jim

  That would of course be appreciated but I think that the one thing
on many peoples minds at this point is what exactly should a .df3 file
contain ? What does it do and how can a person control it to make the
media conform to a shape at will ?
  If you can offer even a simple overview of what can be gained and where
to start you would be doing a lot of people here a big favour. My self
included. I have some vague notions and have explored the field a bit but
my own results to date have not yet been satisfactory and I owe that mostly
to lack of sufficient input from a knowledgeable source. I found the docs
sorely lacking on this subject for some reason.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message