POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mushroom cloud using DF3 : Re: Mushroom cloud using DF3 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mushroom cloud using DF3
From: Peter Popov
Date: 18 Apr 1999 04:39:46
Message: <371a8b31.1751385@news.povray.org>
On 16 Apr 1999 14:50:40 -0500, par### [at] my-dejanewscom (Ron Parker)
wrote:

>If you have the Superpatch you could use trace() to do what you're wanting
>to do.  In fact, you could write a macro that takes an object, a filename,
>and the desired resolution and automatically creates the df3 file for you.
>It wouldn't be the fastest thing on Earth, but it wouldn't be too terrible.

With all due respect to you, sir,  and your SuperPatch, I think this
macro will be only suitable for a minimal share of all .df3
applications. If I have gotten your idea correctly, it will not be
able to either reproduce the internal structure of the desired object
nor the texture / interior. See my reply to Bob Hughes for more
details.

---------
Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700