POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Peter Popov? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Peter Popov? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Lance Birch
Subject: Peter Popov?
Date: 4 Apr 1999 22:36:51
Message: <370813b3.0@news.povray.org>
I'd just like to say on behalf of everyone here that I hope Peter is safe
and well, since we haven't heard from him lately, and with all of what's
been happening in Yugoslavia with NATO.

Excert from ICQ chat:  "Meanwhile you can see old ladies rushing the streets
of Sofia and frantically replenishing their household supplies... just in
case something goes wrong. I think that's a bit paranoid, but who knows?"

Our thoughts go out to you, your family and your girlfriend, Peter, we hope
that you're all safe and well.

Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone

Post a reply to this message

I had completely forgotten about this until you said it again here.
He's very near the border of Kosovo apparently (75 miles?).
Probably just temporarily preoccupied. But let's hope for the best
anyway.
I was thinking maybe he had been disappointed that I renamed the PoV
World Map webpage title to PoV World instead of PoPoV (population of
pov). I just wanted to get away from it being accidently associated with
a persons name. Fame is fleeting.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe

On Mon, 5 Apr 1999 11:33:50 +1000, "Lance Birch" <lan### [at] usanet>
wrote:

>I'd just like to say on behalf of everyone here that I hope Peter is safe
>and well, since we haven't heard from him lately, and with all of what's
>been happening in Yugoslavia with NATO.
>
>Excert from ICQ chat:  "Meanwhile you can see old ladies rushing the streets
>of Sofia and frantically replenishing their household supplies... just in
>case something goes wrong. I think that's a bit paranoid, but who knows?"

Oh, that's over now. Panic hit and run, pro'ly for a day.

>Our thoughts go out to you, your family and your girlfriend, Peter, we hope
>that you're all safe and well.
>
>Lance.
>

>---
>For the latest 3D Studio MAX plug-ins, images and much more, go to:
>The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone

// Here's a reply to an e-mail Bob sent me, re-touched a bit
#include "from_bob.mai"

Let me ease you up, I've just come back from a horrible two-week-
long no-internet-access my-guitar-died-a-horrible-death my-girlfriend-
is-in-her-hometown-with-her-parents TV-is-3-channels-of-s#$%
radio-sucks-too know-all-my-books-by-heart windos-crashes-so-I-
can't-trace period. Nothing to do with NATO and Miloshevich and
Arrow 2 / Sidewinders falling onto Bulgarian territory 30 km from
here.

Guys, I really appreciate your concern! From time to time a post of
mine goes unnoticed, I sometimes get flamed, and sometimes
RTFMd, but then again, it is touching to see you guys care. I have
a lot of former schoolmates from high-school who currently study
abroad and none of them wrote a word. One of them has been staying
online in my ICQ contact list for the past two hours and didn't even
reply to my 'Hi!'

In a nutshell, it's great to have you guys. It's the feeling of a
community that makes news.povray.org my favourite place on the
'net . No ICQ, no IRC, nothing can compare to it!

Truly yours,
Peter

---------
Peter Popov