POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Desktop Theme (2nd try) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:38:57 EDT (-0400)
  POV Desktop Theme (2nd try) (Message 8 to 17 of 27)
<<< Previous 7 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: John M  Dlugosz
Subject: Re: POV Desktop Theme (2nd try)
Date: 21 Feb 1999 21:10:39
Message: <36d0bc9f.0@news.povray.org>
Rune S. Johansen wrote in message <36d00f0d.0@news.povray.org>...
>I've made some cursors already. They
>are all made with POV-Ray except the
>I-beam and the cross which I think
>would be too annoying to have in POV
>graphics. The 14 true color cursors
>(three animated) are together 184 KB.
>In which group should I post them if
>anyone want them at all?

Feel free to email me with a ZIP file.
Generally, the best thing to do is post it on your own server (web site or
FTP) and include a URL in your message.

>I think a great idea for the
>screensaver would be the "You know you
>have been raytracing too long..."
>quotes displayed in a random order.
>Does anyone want to make this? Maybe
>someone with programming skills.

I like the idea.  It won't take up too much CPU power, either.  Better yet,
make it a POV-Win plugin, so it can access the current scan line/percent
done information and include that!

Instead of "wallpaper", how about a Active Desktop component that would
display the current work in progress?

--John

Post a reply to this message