POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Desktop Theme (2nd try) : Re: POV Desktop Theme (2nd try) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:17:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Desktop Theme (2nd try)
From: John M  Dlugosz
Date: 21 Feb 1999 21:13:56
Message: <36d0bd64.0@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes wrote in message <36D06F98.A6716F3F@aol.com>...
>Most of my XOOM.com web space is still empty, and I can HTML a bit, so
>if the need becomes dire I'd be happy to put it there. Wonder about the
>wallpaper files, BMP then right. What resolution(s) were you thinking
>about? 640x480 and larger duplicate files. Seeing that the 640x480 has a
>file size of around 1 megabyte several of these would make for a largish
>file even zipped. Wonder how big a d/l is too big for most people? Also
>because I would be filling in more of the xoom space sooner or later
>myself.
>This is of course only if there were to be multiple pictures ditto'd at
>various sizes.
>Answer back anything, if you will, Rune or Psych.

For full-screen wallpaper, I need 1280x1024.  I never bother though because
only a tiny bit of desktop ever shows out from around my many open windows.

You could post the POV source and let people render it at whatever size they
want.  Also, Windows has a way to load JPG images as desktop wallpaper, and
I think that's part of the "themes" package.  So maybe it won't be much of a
problem--just include JPG of each common screen size, at 100 - 250K each.

--John