POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Female Pov-Ray users Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:11:13 EDT (-0400)
  Female Pov-Ray users (Message 5 to 14 of 14)
From: Matthew Bennett
Subject: Re: Female Pov-Ray users
Date: 30 Dec 1998 10:23:08
Message: <368a455c.0@news.povray.org>
Debi Hodges wrote in message <368A418A.3EAFB81F@emrys.com>...
>Women, in general are not linear thinkers by nature, men are usually the
>programmers and women the literature writers.  Of course there are many
>points to the contrary.  I am trying to learn POVray, but with no
>programming in my past, (just PaintShop Pro) there is a very different
>learning curve that I must face.  Though, I figure if I can learn
>JavaScript and Perl, I certinally can do raytracing =D
>
>Debi

I used to use the "raw" POV language to create my scenes, until I came
across Moray.  Now, I've got so used to it's almost totally visual
modelling, I'd probably have to re-learn how to actually write POV files "by
hand" (even though I regularly program in C++ ;).

Check out http://www.stmuc.com/moray/ and download Moray 3.1 - it should
save time having to learn the language and, for me at least, the visual
approach allows me to make much more detailed and realistic images than I
otherwise would have been able to.

Matt

Post a reply to this message