POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [Idea] User Documentation Project Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:29:25 EDT (-0400)
  [Idea] User Documentation Project (Message 26 to 35 of 35)
From: Phoenix
Subject: Re: [Idea] User Documentation Project
Date: 30 Dec 1998 10:28:52
Message: <368A46B5.465D4E3B@telekabel.nl>
Twyst wrote:

> I had a great idea recently...
>
> Do a "User Documentation Project"!

Okay...
I think it's save to say there is an audience for such a project. I now
only have one question left:
    "When do we begin?"

Phoenix

--
http://users.telekabel.nl/eagle
AFP Code 1.1 AC d%40 s%40:-- a- U++ R++ F++ h- P- OS-:%40 C++ M-

Post a reply to this message

From: Josh English
Date: 30 Dec 1998 11:03:46
Message: <368A4FA9.EA9B0872@spiritone.com>
Great Idea! I agree wholeheartedly. Even though I am not a regular contributor
to this group, I read it daily. Another project that I would like to do, and it
is related somewhat to your idea, is to create an archive of the problems and
solutions that appear in these newsgroups, with explanations on the why's and
how's of it all.

Going through this newsgroup isn't a problem, but I certainly don't want to
duplicate anybody's efforts. Has someone done this already?

Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom
www.spiritone.com/~english

Twyst wrote:

> I had a great idea recently...
>
> Do a "User Documentation Project"!
>
> I had the idea while noticing that the Pov-Ray docs, while complete, didn't
> go into much detail in certain cases, and there are people that DO know
> certain aspects very well. (John VanSickle comes to mind....).
>
> It seems to me that much of the manual could do with expanding on topics
> (Media is one example) and tutorials.
>
> So, here's the complete idea:
> 1. With the pov-team's permission (please, can we?), rewrite the pov-ray
> docs.
> 2. Make it available in a number of formats, from plain text to PDF format.
> 3. I would ALSO like to be able to publish a spiral bound volume, and sell
> it at a minimal cost.
> 4. I intend for this to be a "group" project. It's a daunting task for a
> single person.
>
> Twyst
> twysted mynd - for pov-ray news, reviews, and tutorials
> http://twysted.net
> e-mail: twy### [at] twystednet

Post a reply to this message