POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [Idea] User Documentation Project : Re: [Idea] User Documentation Project Server Time
14 Sep 2024 19:35:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Idea] User Documentation Project
From: Ken
Date: 30 Dec 1998 11:31:27
Message: <368A54F8.2BBA919B@pacbell.net>
Josh English wrote:

> Going through this newsgroup isn't a problem, but I certainly don't want to
> duplicate anybody's efforts. Has someone done this already?
>
> Josh English

 Not an all encompasing faq but Warp has a list of very frequently
asked questions faq at:

http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povVFAQ.html

  It covers many of the basics but there is room for improvement.
Problem I see with compiling all of the questions and answeres
is that many are specific to a given scene and are not general
in content. To be effective the list must anticipate what's
going to be asked and have an easily indexed set of answers.
If it is overly comprehensive i.e. it has every question and
answer listed in these groups it would not only be huge it would
in all likelyhood become difficult to extract the specific
information a person is looking for.

 I'm not saying it wouldn't be a worth while project but I would
hate to be the one to have to weigh what should and should not be
included and how many of the answers are worth while or uninformed.
Probably take over an hour to do the job right.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet