POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spherical Height fields? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:27:30 EDT (-0400)
  Spherical Height fields? (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Bret Slivka
Subject: Spherical Height fields?
Date: 9 Aug 1998 06:03:45
Message: <35CD73E9.89AB7D48@chisp.net>
Hello group.

I'm working on a 3d model of the planet Earth. I am trying to figure out
how to take this elevation map, turn it into a heightfield and somehow
"wrap" this heightfield around a sphere. but i'm a little stumped, so I
thought I'd tap into the vast knowledge of this collective for guidance.
I humbly ask for your opinion on this matter.

Many thanks in advance,
Bret

Post a reply to this message