POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spherical Height fields? : Re: Elebvation Maps (Was: Re: Spherical Height fields?) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Elebvation Maps (Was: Re: Spherical Height fields?)
From: Ross Smith
Date: 23 Aug 1998 05:00:42
Message: <35DFCC3F.3012@ihug.co.nz>
Simon de Vet wrote:

> Where CAN you get nice elevation maps, that are firendly for POV to use?
> There are tons of random map generators, and nice custom map generators like
> leveller, but I want the real thing! Most maps like this are in some format
> ugly for POV to use.. Any ideas?

I can't help you with POV-format maps, but for those who don't mind
doing their own conversion, you can find complete one-kilometre
resolution topographic data for the entire land surface of the Earth at
http://edcwww.cr.usgs.gov/landdaac/gtopo30/gtopo30.html .

--
Ross Smith ..................................... Wellington, New Zealand
<mailto:r-s### [at] ihugconz> ........ <http://crash.ihug.co.nz/~r-smith/>