POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media confusion Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:29:44 EDT (-0400)
  Media confusion (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Scott Middleton
Subject: Media confusion
Date: 7 Jul 1998 22:17:12
Message: <35A2C83E.1C69850D@pld.com>
I have just in the last few months gotten comfortable using 3.0's halo
function, and am now having fits trying to learn the intricacies of the
new media functions.  With halos, it is a relatively simple matter to
use scaling, turbulence, and partially transluscent/transparent color
maps to completely lose all indication of the shape of the container
object.  For example, I could easily create a dancing flame which
retained no semblance of the spherical container.  I have yet to figure
out how to do that using media.  All of my experimenting so far retains
(at least somewhat) the shape of the object.  Round clouds, explosions,
flames, etc. just don't work.  Maybe the method here is obvious, but I
haven't discovered it yet.  Any help, anyone?

Post a reply to this message

Consider such things as "density"; the "sphere", "box", etc
functions, density maps, color maps (in density statement),
and the rather promising voxel files.

All the old stuff is still there (plus more).... it's
just been reorganized.

Dan

--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/