POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!" Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!" (Message 51 to 60 of 60)
From: Johannes Hubert
Subject: Re: Group Movie Project ( was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!")
Date: 14 May 1998 04:35:13
Message: <6jeadh$fic$1@oz.aussie.org>
Nieminen Mika wrote in message <6jclh4$dah$1@oz.aussie.org>...
>  I'd like to participate, but I don't know where to sign on :)

Check out the brand-new homepage :-)
http://www.algonet.se/~jhubert/MovieProject

Johannes.

Post a reply to this message

From: Peter Murray
Subject: Re: "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!"
Date: 14 May 1998 20:59:02
Message: <B18151E6966875B77@table76.demon.co.uk>
In article <01bd7a92$0020b7c0$8c00a8c0@shindo.ddlinks.co.uk>,
"Scott Hill" <sco### [at] ddlinkscouk> wrote:

>	You know this was all inevitable really, just run the word POVRAY through
>an MS spelling checker and you'll see what I mean. ;-) or should that be
>;-(

What does it do, turn it into Poverty?  (I don't have any MS stuff.)

Post a reply to this message

From: Lance Birch
Date: 13 May 1998 17:38:40
Message: <6jgs9l$j2l$1@oz.aussie.org>
Yes, I know the anim you're talking about.  It's one of Pixar's most famous.
Someone entered an animation (it won) in the Australian Film Festival last
year.  It used the same model and was rendered with Lightwave.  It hopped
about a bit trying to trap a Lego man.  That is, until the Lego man pick up
a pencil and stabbed it in the glob!

I don't know about the chair though...

I liked the way Disney did Lumieur in Beauty and the Beast.  The candle
really seemed to 'live'.  Speaking of Beauty and the Beast, I remember there
was a nice 3D animation of the "Dancing Hall".  It looked great!

--
Lance Birch
Remove the smiley to e-mail.

Post a reply to this message