POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!" : Re: "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!" Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:12:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!"
From: Jan Rasmussen
Date: 23 May 1998 06:24:50
Message: <3566A3F2.14387F60@post4.tele.dk>
Greetings All!

povray.org admin team wrote:

> "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!"

I just had this Idea when surfing last night. On a site I bumped into the
Amazon.com Association Banner. In short Amazon.com wants to expand their
sales ground by borrowing webspace from you from banners to a complete
bookstore with books in your (as in anybody's) expert area. You then earn
referral percentages on any books bought as a result of this.

Wouldn't this be an idea for the povray.org (irtc.org) sites? The admin
teams and others could write comments/reviews of 3D related books and the
povray.org (irtc.org) would benefit from these referral fees and thus
keeping down the cost of running them.

I do not know how much should be on the site it self and how much is run
through amazon.com's site so ofcourse a traffic study would have to be
done (no point in paying 100 dollars extra in traffic fees for 90 dollars
earnt in referral fees).

Hope this is an interesting input.

On another note:

How much space would a distribution point need for the official releases?
In Total and for each platform?

Best Regards

Jan Rasmussen
--