POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!" : Re: Group Movie Project ( was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:17:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Group Movie Project ( was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!")
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 16 May 1998 06:11:50
Message: <355d6611.1519269@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 11 May 1998 21:36:36 +1000, "Lance Birch"
<:-)Lan### [at] tpgicomau> wrote:
Well, there are quite a few amateur SF story writers on the net. My
own favourite (an odd SF show from Britain called "Doctor Who") has a
fairly rich supporting fan base who produce not only written stories
but also audio dramas.

At the moment I'm currently struggling to learn enough about POV-Ray
to do a decent title sequence for an amatuer video - but I'm sure
there's a surprising amount of help "out there" if you but look for
it. If anyone wants to speak to me about producing even a failry short
show please do so - but be aware I've limited budget and skills
(freeware is the order of the day here). I've had one fan-fiction
author offer to come up with ideas if I can do the modelling, but I'm
seriously lacking in the time and skill to do so. I suspect a generic
less British-oriented "movie" might be better appreciated here tho :(

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dimension/7855/
PS change ".duffnet" to ".net" if replying via e-mail