POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay Google Trends Server Time
3 Jul 2024 15:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  PovRay Google Trends (Message 57 to 66 of 126)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: PovRay Google Trends
Date: 15 Nov 2016 07:50:46
Message: <582b04a6@news.povray.org>
Am 15.11.2016 um 10:36 schrieb Mr:

> I was thinking about the coordinates system this morning in the bus! Telling
> myself it would come up in the discussion:
> Our exporter applies transformation matrices to Blender objects and
> switches them to pov coordinates this makes it comfortable for the user who
> dosen't even have to think about xyz for simple scene drafting visually and can
> keep thinking in pov coordinates system once he exported the scene and tweaks it
> in a text file if necessary,
>
> It does give us more complexity in the development of this exporter. Does it
> slow up our export by a lot?
>
> Anyway if one day one of the two software offered the two coordinates sytems, we
> would strip these lines and see what it changes, but until then we'll have to
> keep adapting.

Well, I've got news for you: POV-Ray has been able to use arbitrary
coordinate systems for ages ;)

For instance, to get a right-handed coordinate system with Z up, simply
specify:

    camera {
        sky       z
        up        z
        right     x*ASPECT_RATIO
        direction y
    }

and Bob's a relative of yours.

The slowdown upon both export from Blender and import into POV-Ray
should be negligible, and the slowdown during render is non-existent.

Post a reply to this message