POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay Google Trends Server Time
1 Jun 2024 15:29:32 EDT (-0400)
  PovRay Google Trends (Message 31 to 40 of 126)
From: ingo
Subject: Re: PovRay Google Trends
Date: 13 Nov 2016 09:49:57
Message: <XnsA6BFA10F52DEAseed7@news.povray.org>
in news:58285749$1@news.povray.org David Buck wrote:

> Thoughts?
> David Buck

Very often I wished for the opposite, different rendering backends to the
POV-SDL. That could give a simmilar speed of development.

Modellers are nice for modeling, for putting together a complete scene I
prefer scripts especialy when using procedural landscaping. I used to have
a whole suite of small task oriented modelers, most have gone I think.
Iirc the mac version had little tools like a spline editor. Those small
things in an IDE would be nice, kind of the opposite of ALT-F3.

Yes, more "front end" would be usefull. Just look at how people work with
trackers and sythesisers, nodes connected with wires and on the node you
set some options.

Front ends could be scrips in all kind of languages that make it easy to
get a visual result of a dataset. What I see is that often POV-SDL is
"emulated" in python or Lua or something. Then you could just as well do
it in POV-ray straight away.

A simple way to get motion sets into POV-ray would be nice. Or all this
Iot data.

Ingo

Post a reply to this message