POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay Google Trends : Re: PovRay Google Trends Server Time
1 Jul 2024 06:57:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay Google Trends
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 13 Nov 2016 10:20:16
Message: <582884b0$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/12/2016 11:02 PM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
> Thomas de Groot wrote:
>
>> Ah! There it is! This has been indeed one of the major complaints:
>> people (outside of POV-Ray) do not want to create using text editors
>> (any more).
>
> I Do Not Fingerpaint.

I do with my granddaughter :-)

... that's about it for my artistic abilities. I use modelers (blender)
but I always do materials in povray. Blender is pretty good for cleaning
up objects that I find here and there but I also objects purely in
povray too. That said I hear what some of you are saying about the more
artistic/paintbrush approach, well that's not for everyone but
apparently some (probably a fair amount) but you know what that say ...

... pick your audience! I think there's far more scientific, and
educational uses for povray, and it's IMHO povrays greatest strength.
For example teaching high school geometry ... way more engaging than
just books and boring lectures. A beginning programming class comes to
mind a well!