POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scientific use of povray Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Scientific use of povray (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: Jim Kress
Subject: Scientific use of povray
Date: 7 Sep 1998 17:31:49
Message: <35f442b5.0@news.povray.org>
Given all the artistic uses for povray, I thought the group might be
interested in the results of a scientific use.  I've just uploaded a whole
bunch of POV rendered images into the Research Section of my web site.  The
URL to the page that has the links to the images is attached to this
posting.

If you have a chance, I'd appreciate any comments you might have on the
information and its presentation.  Note: the animations are rather large (1
to 5 MB) so expect a long download if you have a low bandwidth connection.

Enjoy!

Jim

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'povray for science.url.txt' (1 KB)

> Given all the artistic uses for povray, I thought the group might be
> interested in the results of a scientific use.  I've just uploaded a whole
> bunch of POV rendered images into the Research Section of my web site.  The
> URL to the page that has the links to the images is attached to this
> posting.
>
> If you have a chance, I'd appreciate any comments you might have on the
> information and its presentation.  Note: the animations are rather large (1
> to 5 MB) so expect a long download if you have a low bandwidth connection.

Um ... it might help if you gave us the URL.

--
Ross Smith ....................................... Auckland, New Zealand
<mailto:r-s### [at] ihugconz> ........ <http://crash.ihug.co.nz/~r-smith/>

Post a reply to this message

Ross Smith <r-s### [at] ihugconz> writes:

> Jim Kress wrote:
> >
> > Given all the artistic uses for povray, I thought the group might be
> > interested in the results of a scientific use.  I've just uploaded a whole
> > bunch of POV rendered images into the Research Section of my web site.  The
> > URL to the page that has the links to the images is attached to this
> > posting.
> >
> > If you have a chance, I'd appreciate any comments you might have on the
> > information and its presentation.  Note: the animations are rather large (1
> > to 5 MB) so expect a long download if you have a low bandwidth connection.
>
> Um ... it might help if you gave us the URL.

He has given the URL -- but uuencoded, which is IMO not very suited for
a ascii text. Anyway, here it is:
http://www.kressworks.com/Research/Quantum%20Chemistry/Unimolecular%20Decomposition%20Reactions/Amine%20oxides/N,N%20Dimethyl,%20N%20Ethyl%20Amine%20Oxide/N,N%20Dimethyl,%20N%20Ethyl%20Amine%20Oxide.html

Thomas

--
http://www.fmi.uni-konstanz.de/~willhalm

Post a reply to this message

Thomas Willhalm <Tho### [at] uni-konstanzde> wrote in article
<qqm### [at] goldachfmiuni-konstanzde>...
> Ross Smith <r-s### [at] ihugconz> writes:
>
> > Jim Kress wrote:
> > >
> > > Given all the artistic uses for povray, I thought the group might be
> > > interested in the results of a scientific use.  I've just uploaded a
whole
> > > bunch of POV rendered images into the Research Section of my web
site.  The
> > > URL to the page that has the links to the images is attached to this
> > > posting.
> > >
> > > If you have a chance, I'd appreciate any comments you might have on
the
> > > information and its presentation.  Note: the animations are rather
large (1
> > > to 5 MB) so expect a long download if you have a low bandwidth
connection.

> > Um ... it might help if you gave us the URL.
>
> He has given the URL -- but uuencoded, which is IMO not very suited for
> a ascii text. Anyway, here it is:

http://www.kressworks.com/Research/Quantum%20Chemistry/Unimolecular%20Decomp
osition%20Reactions/Amine%20oxides/N,N%20Dimethyl,%20N%20Ethyl%20Amine%20Oxi
de/N,N%20Dimethyl,%20N%20Ethyl%20Amine%20Oxide.html

	I can't understand why he didn't just type it out into the message body.
;-)

--
Scott Hill
Sco### [at] DDLinkscouk

"The best trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't
exist..."
								- Verbal Kint.

"the Internet is here so we can waste time talking about nothing in
 particular when we should be working" - Marcus Hill.

Post a reply to this message

I've recently used POVRay to visualize a groundwater flow problem --
even created an animation of a fly-around.  Very impressive tools.  And
.FLC seems so much superior to .avi or .mpg for color fidelity.

Results are not not on the net right now. Sorry....  Anyone else doing
this kind of thing?

Tim Glover
tgl### [at] nettallycom

> Jim Kress wrote:
>
> Given all the artistic uses for povray, I thought the group might be
> interested in the results of a scientific use.  I've just uploaded a whole
> bunch of POV rendered images into the Research Section of my web
> site.  The URL to the page that has the links to the images is attached to this
> posting.
>
> If you have a chance, I'd appreciate any comments you might have on
> the information and its presentation.  Note: the animations are rather
> large (1 to 5 MB) so expect a long download if you have a low bandwidth
> connection.

Post a reply to this message