POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scientific use of povray : Re: Scientific use of povray Server Time
13 Aug 2024 11:24:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scientific use of povray
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 9 Sep 1998 04:12:02
Message: <qqmhfyhwyil.fsf@goldach.fmi.uni-konstanz.de>
"F.VERBAAS" <fve### [at] gironetnl> writes:

> Tim Glover heeft geschreven in bericht <35F### [at] nettallycom>...
> >Anyone else doing this kind of thing?
>
> I am a naval architect and tried some scientifically correct modelling of a
> sea surface. Got stuck on strange patterns due to interference. It would be
> very handy for such applications if POV supported something like an
> isosurface.

I guess that you don't know the "isosurface patch" for POV-Ray. Despite its
name it also handles parametric functions. I have encountered some minor
problems, but most of the time it does a good job. The URL is:
http://www.public.usit.net/rsuzuki/e/povray/iso/index.html
Executables for Windows and Macintosh are available. If needed I can
send you the binary file for a Sun Workstation.

Thomas

--
http://www.fmi.uni-konstanz.de/~willhalm