POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : "Prior Art" Explained? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 20:16:07 EDT (-0400)
  "Prior Art" Explained? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Tim Soderstrom
Subject: "Prior Art" Explained?
Date: 8 Aug 2004 14:31:35
Message: <pan.2004.08.08.18.32.49.37535@stic.net>
I was just curious as to what Prior Art actually means. I know it means
the obvious (that I can't use an image I have already made); but does this
encompass all images that I have made or just those that I have released.
Also if it is the latter, what does released mean? For example, if I
created an image a few months ago and did not put it, say, on my own site,
can I still continue to work on it and submit that?

I guess the root of my question is what does release mean? :) I put up a
scene on my website, but few people go to it and actually I am still
working on the image itself (adjusting some radiosity, blur, camera, and
composition) since I found a few whoopsies that I wanted to work on. Does
that count as prior art?

Just curious because it's a hairy issue and wanted to make sure I didn't
accidentally disqualify myself. Also, when can we register? Also, there is
a space on the website that says "REGISTER NOW" but I can't click on the
link?

Cheers,

Tim