POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : "Prior Art" Explained? : Re: "Prior Art" Explained? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:32:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Prior Art" Explained?
From: Tim Soderstrom
Date: 8 Aug 2004 14:53:23
Message: <pan.2004.08.08.18.54.37.163634@stic.net>
On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 20:47:10 +0200, Christoph Hormann wrote:

> Tim Soderstrom wrote:
>> I was just curious as to what Prior Art actually means.
>
> I don't know how you come to "Prior Art" - the rules say nothing about
> "Prior Art".  What they say is that you have to list all elements of the
> scene you submit that where created prior to the contest.  That's it.
What does this mean then?:

 It must have been created for this competition. Pre-existing works (or
 trivial modifications of pre-existing works) are not allowed. Winning
 images will be available for public inspection for a period of two weeks
 after the announcement of the winners before the winners will be eligible
 to collect their prizes.