POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Color list patterns in media Server Time
1 Jun 2024 10:34:12 EDT (-0400)
  Color list patterns in media (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Peter Popov
Subject: Color list patterns in media
Date: 10 Apr 1999 14:58:57
Message: <371088fe.26786308@news.povray.org>
Can anyone please explain why this:

density { checker }

and this

density { checker rgb <1,0,0>, rgb <0,0,0> }

give errors, while this:

density { checker density { rgb <1,0,0> }, density { rgb <0,0,0> } }

works just fine?

Here's the whole scene:

// scene starts here
// ------------------

#include "colors.inc"

box
{
  -.99, .99
  interior
  {
    media
    {
      emission 1
      absorption 2
      intervals 20
      samples 10, 20
      variance 1/255
      confidence 0.999
      density { checker density { color White }, density { color Black
} }
    }
  }

  hollow
  pigment { Clear }
}

camera
{
  location  <1.0 , 2.0 ,-3.0>*.8
  right x
  look_at   <0.0 , 0.0 , 0.0>
}

background { color red 0.1 green 0.3 blue 0.8 }

// scene ends here

Thanks in advance.

---------
Peter Popov