POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Color list patterns in media : Re: Color list patterns in media Server Time
24 Jun 2024 08:23:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color list patterns in media
From: Ken
Date: 10 Apr 1999 16:02:57
Message: <370F9EF5.DBECFC91@pacbell.net>
Peter Popov wrote:

> Can anyone please explain why this:
>
> density { checker }
>
> and this
>
> density { checker rgb <1,0,0>, rgb <0,0,0> }
>
> give errors, while this:
>
> density { checker density { rgb <1,0,0> }, density { rgb <0,0,0> } }
>
> works just fine?
>
> Here's the whole scene:

That is the correct behaviour as detailed in the docs. It is the exact
same syntax necessary to use color list patterns in a texture statement.
There is one very short 2 line mention of this in the docs that is a bit
hard to find. The second example you provided is the correct way of
specifying color list patterns in media.

P.S. About a month ago I posted a study of this in povray.binaries.images.
It provides example images and the source code showing how to use the three
different color list patterns in a media statement.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net