POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Color list patterns in media : Re: Color list patterns in media Server Time
24 Jun 2024 08:29:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color list patterns in media
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 10 Apr 1999 18:34:22
Message: <370FC3B9.4392A089@aol.com>
To my surprise I just uncovered something myself (using POV-Win 3.1e).
Try rendering this simple thing with and without a comma inbetween the
rgb colors in this checker pattern:

//BEGIN

#version 3.1

global_settings {assumed_gamma 1.0}
// ----------------------------------------
camera {
  location  <0.0, 0.5, -4.0>
  direction 1.5*z
  right     4/3*x
  look_at   <0.0, 0.0,  0.0>
}

sky_sphere {
  pigment {
    gradient y
    color_map { [0.0 color blue 0.6] [1.0 color rgb 1] }
  }
}

light_source {
  0*x // light's position (translated below)
  color rgb 1  // light's color
  translate <-30, 30, -30>
}
plane { y, -1 pigment {rgb <0.7,0.5,0.3>}}

#declare MyColor1=rgb<1,.5,.25>
#declare MyColor2=rgb<.25,.5,1>

sphere { 0, 1
 pigment {checker rgb 1, rgb 0} //remove comma, add comma to correct
  finish{specular 1} }

//END

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe