POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Color list patterns in media : Re: Color list patterns in media Server Time
24 Jun 2024 08:47:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color list patterns in media
From: Ken
Date: 10 Apr 1999 19:08:51
Message: <370FCA7E.CB549946@pacbell.net>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> To my surprise I just uncovered something myself (using POV-Win 3.1e).
> Try rendering this simple thing with and without a comma inbetween the
> rgb colors in this checker pattern:

 There is mention in the docs in several places about the importance
of using commas in color list pigments to ensure the correct results.
I believe what you are seeing when you don't include the comma is
a combination of the default checker colors which are blue/green
and your listed colors black/white. Which ever color that is dominate
for that segment of the pattern will either prevail of become an
additive of the two. My recommendation regardless is to follow the
advice in the docs and ensure you have included the comma if you
want your checker pattern to perform as expected. But this should
apply without having to mention it. ;^ )

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net