POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Long parse time Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:24:30 EDT (-0400)
  Long parse time (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Fabien Mosen
Subject: Long parse time
Date: 11 Feb 2004 15:40:13
Message: <402a932d$1@news.povray.org>
I have a somewhat complex scene which gives me strange parsing
times on different computers :
  Athlon 1333 Mhz - Win 2000 - 512 Mb
   POV 3.5 : 23 seconds
   POV 3.6 : 44 seconds

   Intel P4 2.8 Mhz - Win XP - 512 Mb
   POV 3.5 : 18 seconds
   POV 3.6 : 55 seconds

The scene contains CSG, many macros, several big meshes, a big
image_map, #reads a big file.  It does NOT contain photons,
isosurfaces, HF...

Rendering time seems normal (though I didn't compare accurately).

Does anyone noticed similar behaviour ?

Fabien.

Post a reply to this message