POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Long parse time : Re: Long parse time Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:27:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Long parse time
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 15 Feb 2004 16:30:36
Message: <402fe4fc$1@news.povray.org>

news:r03### [at] tritonimagicode...

> I did a quick test here on Linux and it parses in ~31s on 3.5 and 21s on
> 3.6 here, that difference is at least partly due to different
> optimizations - i assume the same for your 3.5/3.6 difference observation.

Perhaps someone on a non-Windows platform should test the mesh parsing too.
If you haven't one I can see if I can put one for download.
Actually I'm back to 3.1 as far as parsing time is concerned :D
I should add that this seems to affect only the parsing time, not the render
time. I noticed that it's a different compiler too.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com