POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Spline Woes Server Time
5 Jul 2024 12:42:30 EDT (-0400)
  Spline Woes (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: How Camp
Subject: Spline Woes
Date: 11 Dec 2002 21:44:48
Message: <3df7f820@news.povray.org>
Okay, I admit I'm not so hot with splines.  I'm trying to make a path for my
camera.  I'm using Chris Colefax's Clock includes, which are fabulous.
However, I'd like to use a spline to determine my camera's path.

I have a list of vectors where I'd like my camera to be at certain times.
However, the camera needs to linger in some positions longer than others.
So, I've been typing in spline values all evening long, and not really
getting what I want.

Er, so the question is:  What methods are there for creating a nice camera
path via splines?  I've tried some spline editors, but I can't seem to find
one that allows me to gracefully enter my specific coordinates, and then
output an array of data in some for (text file, even to the screen,
whatever).

Any advice from the pros?

- How

Post a reply to this message

If you create your camera path spline, then use AutoClck.mcr to Declare YourClock,
simply to
govern timing along the spline ie:

#declare YourSpline=0;
Declare_From (YourSpline,0)
Declare_To_Using (YourSpline,0.2,0.4,"S")
.....etc

then move the camera using translate Cam_Spline (YourSpline)

This is untested, but should work.

All the best,

Andy Cocker

"How Camp" <kro### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message news:3df7f820@news.povray.org...
> Okay, I admit I'm not so hot with splines.  I'm trying to make a path for my
> camera.  I'm using Chris Colefax's Clock includes, which are fabulous.
> However, I'd like to use a spline to determine my camera's path.
>
> I have a list of vectors where I'd like my camera to be at certain times.
> However, the camera needs to linger in some positions longer than others.
> So, I've been typing in spline values all evening long, and not really
> getting what I want.
>
> Er, so the question is:  What methods are there for creating a nice camera
> path via splines?  I've tried some spline editors, but I can't seem to find
> one that allows me to gracefully enter my specific coordinates, and then
> output an array of data in some for (text file, even to the screen,
> whatever).
>
> Any advice from the pros?
>
> - How

Post a reply to this message

"Andrew Cocker" <mai### [at] andrewcockercouk> wrote in message
> If you create your camera path spline, then use AutoClck.mcr to Declare
YourClock, simply to
> govern timing along the spline ie:
>
> #declare YourSpline=0;
> Declare_From (YourSpline,0)
> Declare_To_Using (YourSpline,0.2,0.4,"S")
> .....etc
>
> then move the camera using translate Cam_Spline (YourSpline)

Ah, bonk!  It would appear I was making things much more difficult than they
really needed to be.  I deftly took the elegance of the autoclock macro and
squashed it into something unwieldy.

Thanks, Andy, for the help.

- How

Post a reply to this message