POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Spline Woes : Re: Spline Woes Server Time
8 Jul 2024 13:29:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spline Woes
From: Wheredragon
Date: 31 Mar 2003 21:27:10
Message: <3e88f8fe@news.povray.org>
The way I delt with camera and splines was first using a program where I
made a path using splines that show the paths (Truespace 4 I have, but
Truespace 3 is freeware now).

But actually, the simplest way I seen to slow the camera down is between the
points where the camera is to be slow is simply increasing the gap between
those two points.

Say I have my cubic spline points like this:
<0,0,0>
<-1, 0, 1>
<1, 1, 0>
<2,2,1>
<3,3,2>
<4,4,2>
my points are 10 frames apart, and I want the frames 2,2,1 and 3,3,2 to be
twice as slow... This is how it would look:
#declare Movement=spline{
  cubic_spline
  -10, <0,0,0>
  0,<-1, 0, 1>
  10,<1, 1, 0>
  20,<2,2,1>
  40,<3,3,2>
  50,<4,4,2>
}

And have the clock from 0 to 40.  What will happen is that the rendering
will move at a certain rate UNTIL somewhere between 20 and 40, where it will
be the slowest at 30.

Wheredragon