POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : very fine lines in procedural textures Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  very fine lines in procedural textures (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Schwan379
Subject: very fine lines in procedural textures
Date: 18 Jun 2007 18:35:01
Message: <web.467707c1c2b654c6359ee2150@news.povray.org>
I created a texture with very fine lines.
But in the Image there are only a few dots left from the lines. The only way
to get the lines in the image is th render with "+A0.0 +AM2 ...".
Is there a way to tell Povray to "antialias" the texture, so that the Lines
are visible in the image without using full scene Antialiasing and saving
time?

thanks,
Schwan379

Post a reply to this message

> I created a texture with very fine lines.
> But in the Image there are only a few dots left from the lines. The only way
> to get the lines in the image is th render with "+A0.0 +AM2 ...".
> Is there a way to tell Povray to "antialias" the texture, so that the Lines
> are visible in the image without using full scene Antialiasing and saving
> time?
>
> thanks,
> Schwan379

I've had this prob with my CGSphere stuff because of the back grid.  The
easiest way around it I've found so far is to use focal blur AA rather than
the regular kind.  I found the results at least somewhat faster.

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

> I created a texture with very fine lines.
> But in the Image there are only a few dots left from the lines. The
> only way to get the lines in the image is th render with "+A0.0 +AM2
> ...".
> Is there a way to tell Povray to "antialias" the texture, so that the
> Lines are visible in the image without using full scene Antialiasing
> and saving time?

Perhaps as a workaround use a thicker, paler line with gradual rather than
sharp edges.

Rune
--
http://runevision.com

Post a reply to this message

Schwan379 nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/06/18 18:32:
> I created a texture with very fine lines.
> But in the Image there are only a few dots left from the lines. The only way
> to get the lines in the image is th render with "+A0.0 +AM2 ...".
> Is there a way to tell Povray to "antialias" the texture, so that the Lines
> are visible in the image without using full scene Antialiasing and saving
> time?
>
> thanks,
> Schwan379

You can do one or several of the following:
Whiden the lines
Render at a larger size
Use a small amoune of focal blur
Use somewhat blury lines

--
Alain
To err is human, to forgive is not our policy.

Post a reply to this message

From: Schwan379
Date: 19 Jun 2007 06:15:02
Message: <web.4677ac51dd8f932cda802c390@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> Schwan379 nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/06/18 18:32:
> > I created a texture with very fine lines.
> > But in the Image there are only a few dots left from the lines. The only way
> > to get the lines in the image is th render with "+A0.0 +AM2 ...".
> > Is there a way to tell Povray to "antialias" the texture, so that the Lines
> > are visible in the image without using full scene Antialiasing and saving
> > time?
> >
> > thanks,
> > Schwan379
> >

> You can do one or several of the following:
> Whiden the lines
> Render at a larger size
> Use a small amoune of focal blur
> Use somewhat blury lines
>
> --
> Alain
> To err is human, to forgive is not our policy.

Ok, thanks.
My goal is to create the texture as imageresolution independent as possible
- maybe I can reuse it in some other Scenes. The texture should look like
handwriting and diagrams on a piece of paper, so I think the best way is to
use blury lines.

Schwan379