POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Advanced metals libraries needed Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:09:22 EDT (-0400)
  Advanced metals libraries needed (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Marvin
Subject: Advanced metals libraries needed
Date: 8 Jul 2006 07:45:00
Message: <web.44af9a9dd4b4ed7f73cc178a0@news.povray.org>
Sorry if this it OT

I do a project to keep my job, and I need photorealistic parameters for
laminate iron core for electromotor model. This far I have made an
animation, or few of them, but either it is too much reflection to the
level of confusion over what is reflected, or I get too dark metal with
finish { reflection 0.2 } or less.

Anyone had experience willing to share on modelling irons?

Here are examples of motors, so you could see the problem for yourself (2 MB
animation each)

http://161.53.83.3/~mtodorov/tesla/ind-320x240-2x-rot.gif

http://161.53.83.3/~mtodorov/tesla/sink-320x240-2x-rot.gif

You can also see I am not good at lighting. This is an academic volunteering
project and I am few months at rendering, so please any good soul help.

Marvin

Post a reply to this message

> I do a project to keep my job, and I need photorealistic parameters for
> laminate iron core for electromotor model. This far I have made an
> animation, or few of them, but either it is too much reflection to the
> level of confusion over what is reflected, or I get too dark metal with
> finish { reflection 0.2 } or less.
>
> Anyone had experience willing to share on modelling irons?
>
> Here are examples of motors, so you could see the problem for yourself (2 MB
> animation each)
>
> http://161.53.83.3/~mtodorov/tesla/ind-320x240-2x-rot.gif
>
> http://161.53.83.3/~mtodorov/tesla/sink-320x240-2x-rot.gif
>
> You can also see I am not good at lighting. This is an academic volunteering
> project and I am few months at rendering, so please any good soul help.
>
> Marvin

in real life, reflectives surfaces reflects world...

--
klp

Post a reply to this message