POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Advanced metals libraries needed : Re: Advanced metals libraries needed Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:47:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Advanced metals libraries needed
From: Marvin
Date: 13 Jul 2006 05:40:01
Message: <web.44b614bf80c9f0e8338f1790@news.povray.org>
"Tim Attwood" <tim### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> This is an OK black metal that looks cast. This
> normal and finish looks OK with different scales and
> colors as well.
>
> texture {
>    pigment{Gray05}
>    normal{facets coords 1 scale 0.1}
>    finish {
>       ambient 0.10
>       brilliance 2
>       diffuse 0.4
>       metallic
>       specular 0.50
>       roughness 5/60
>       reflection 0.1
>    }
>    scale 0.35
> }

Hi, Tim, I tried this and it is nearly photorealistic ferrite core it gives!

Thank you very much, this will help a lot!

However, if you saw my model, I have also the problems with windings on
rotor. When windings are used, in bigger motors ferrite cores are too
fragile, and I need something like high silicon impured tin. Silicon
alloyed is to reduce eddie currents that heat up motor and steal from
mechanical energy, probably, but this is unimportant technical detail.

Any tin foils finishes, please, would save my day.

Marvin