POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Advanced metals libraries needed : Re: Advanced metals libraries needed Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:49:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Advanced metals libraries needed
From: Marvin
Date: 8 Jul 2006 14:15:01
Message: <web.44aff53a80c9f0ecfdbc2df0@news.povray.org>
kurtz le pirate <kur### [at] yahoofr> wrote:
> In article <web.44af9a9dd4b4ed7f73cc178a0@news.povray.org>,
>
> in real life, reflectives surfaces reflects world...

Nice observation :-)

But, see, the iron from feromagnetic cores is usually different, unlike INOX
or stainless steel, it has a lot of silicon inside to reduce heating from
magnetic induction, and therefore it is less reflective, in fact almost not
at all, except for polish.

Has anyone experienced this problem or obstacle and overcome with a
solution?

Thank you, and please save me through the day. There are objection to models
re: how much mroe realistic it looks with 3D MAX predefined material libs,
and our project still isn't aproved. I need something to knock them out of
the chairs to get funding and some decent equipment.

Marvin