POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Slicing media - is it possible ? : Re: Slicing media - is it possible ? Server Time
28 Oct 2024 04:49:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Slicing media - is it possible ?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 24 Sep 2024 14:15:00
Message: <web.66f3018ad5a4caf1d2a18eff25979125@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to apply CSG operations to objects filled with media without
> any success (results also attached):
> https://povlab.online/?scene=dicom.pov
>
> Who knows if it's really possible or I am only wasting the time trying
> to force it to work ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> YB

Media is . . . tricky.
(Thus why I haven't used it a lot)

Just curious:
Have you tried the reverse - applying CSG operations to a container and THEN
filling it with media?

I think that if you read the documentation on the details of how media works, it
might help - or it may not.  It's so very dependent on what you're trying to do
and how you're going about doing it.

- BW