POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Making Patterns with functions : Re: Making Patterns with functions Server Time
1 Sep 2024 00:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making Patterns with functions
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 20 Aug 2024 08:15:00
Message: <web.66c48845d81b8479a2cb7a7025979125@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> v nice.  I bet it would be "lush" as a woven fabric/cloth.

There's a better one for that, I think - the "Honeycomb" that I found in a
paper.
Kinda looks like a "dog bone" wood patch that alternates in directions like a
checkerboard.

A lot of these are, incidentally, used for support-fill for 3D printing
applications - so Kenneth may have a very practical interest.

Since they can partition space into 2 parts acting as a membrane in between,
when they are given thickness and made of metal, they are being evaluated as
heat-transfer devices, very much like a car radiator works.
The key factor being the very high surface area able to be contained in a very
small space.

> (light-green with envy :-))

You shouldn't be.  You can copy-paste equations as well as I can.  :P

- BW