POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Making Patterns with functions : Re: Making Patterns with functions Server Time
1 Jun 2024 12:10:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making Patterns with functions
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 12 Feb 2024 18:50:00
Message: <web.65caadc8d81b84791f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
I played with a few more functions - I think I'm up to about 189 in the
collection, and still have many more to implement.

This one I liked because it was "simple", and would probably find use in any
number of scenes, for different purposes.

Like the ultra-impressive Greek frieze pattern, this one got adapted from
Desmos, and it takes a lot of reading and thinking to grasp Desmos' syntax /
expression structure, unravel what is meant, and discard the superfluous parts.

I got it wrong about a dozen times, but in the process found that sometimes the
mistakes yield some pretty amazing and complex pattern in and of themselves.
So, when experimenting with new patterns, don't give up, and don't be surprised
when the raw pattern seems to bear absolutely no relation to the pattern that
you're trying to code.  The raw vs "thickened" pattern can differ - starkly - in
appearance.

Hopefully we can get a few new patterns posted in this thread, and I'm going to
try to post at least one new pattern a week, to keep some momentum going.

Hope you like.

- BE

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: