POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Editing or creating an image or heightfield in POV-Ray : Editing or creating an image or heightfield in POV-Ray Server Time
20 May 2024 00:38:16 EDT (-0400)
  Editing or creating an image or heightfield in POV-Ray
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 10 Sep 2023 12:05:00
Message: <web.64fde8724fc784d81f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
With regard to TdG's interest in erosion, I was thinking about doing a quick
test with an image map converted to a height_field.

The only problem here is that I don't recall if there was a way to edit the
pixel data in the image_map, or in the height_field, or to somehow use a
function {} or a 2D array to create an image or heightfield...

Or maybe a way to add/subtract / overlay onto the base image.
I can't use arrays in functions, otherwise I could do image_map {function
{array}}

It would be useful to not have to load an image, convert that to an array, use
that array to create a mesh, then use the algorithm I'm experimenting with to
edit the mesh.....

Does anyone have any ideas?

- BW