POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Extracting information from an existing color_map : Re: Extracting information from an existing color_map Server Time
26 Apr 2024 23:38:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Extracting information from an existing color_map
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 16 Feb 2023 06:30:00
Message: <web.63ee13721908580e1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"yesbird" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Now I see, this is a serious research. IMHO, interpolation graph analysis may
> become too complicated, as so many factors have influence.

Well, I managed to get most of the color map entries detected and assembled into
a list, so it's at least a good proof of concept for this prototype tool.

Nodes = 7
Extracted Color Map = 7
[0.201 <0.995, 1.000, 0.000>]
[0.401 <0.000, 1.000, 0.000>]
[0.601 <0.000, 0.000, 1.000>]
[0.602 <0.000, 0.000, 1.000>]
[0.650 <1.000, 0.000, 1.000>]
[0.651 <1.000, 0.000, 1.000>]
[1.000 <1.000, 0.000, 0.000>]

Since my color-value graph has nice straight slopes, the Euclidean distance
between each loop step remains constant, and I just look for a change and then
add that to a dynamic array.

> Possible, text processing will be easier to implement, selecting good enough
> instruments.

It's always good to have multiple redundant paths to the same goal/solution.

- BW