POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Extracting information from an existing color_map : Re: Extracting information from an existing color_map Server Time
26 Apr 2024 02:54:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Extracting information from an existing color_map
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 15 Feb 2023 19:45:00
Message: <web.63ed7b7d1908580e1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
> With regard to the recent discussions about color_maps,  I was wondering if it
> were possible to somehow extract the number, or even the values of the entries
> in a color_map.

Apparently it was a lot easier than I thought.
Here's a plot of the color map as it gets interpolated through HSV space.
The graph is one of the more successful (and simplest) of several functions I've
been inventing to look for "nodes" in the color_map definition.

> I'm also wondering if there is a color_map that exceeds the valid 0-1 span, if
> it were possible to access those invalid entries using the same sort of hacking
> strategy.

Unfortunately, I haven't brainstormed any way to do this part - that's probably
going to have to be a source-code level change.

- BW

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'colormapanalysis.png' (49 KB)