POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : isosurface: Does the order of multiple functions matter? : Re: isosurface: Does the order of multiple functions matter? Server Time
1 May 2024 17:39:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurface: Does the order of multiple functions matter?
From: Kenneth
Date: 28 Jan 2023 23:00:00
Message: <web.63d5ee319b90547b9b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> > If you have A which needs X, and B which needs Y, and C which needs Z,
> > and D which needs W, then if you have A(B(C(D()))), your
> > function A needs:  A(X, Y, Z, W) {}, and so on, as you go further down
> > into the curly braces.
>
> My apologies for going a bit off-topic here, but I was recently going through
> someone else's old code that uses this idea brilliantly-- it's very complex,
> with nested functions-- and I *think* I came across a particular section
> that I don't fully understand.

To be specific, it's in William Pokorny's "ObjectAslso" file from Sept. 19 2009,
if you would like to take a look (no pressure, of course.) In his file called
"ObjectAslso.inc", there is a function argument called 'S'.  I have a hard time
following the code because of its complexity, but I can't see where one (or
more) of the instances of that argument are assigned a value of any kind. I
could be wrong *of course*; maybe I'm just not seeing the forest for the trees--
or vice-versa!

https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.4aae23151285f23f15ee2c550%40news.povray.org%3E/