POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Break out of main while (1) loop using #break directive in a sub-loop state= : Re: Break out of main while (1) loop using #break directive in a sub-loop s= Server Time
23 Apr 2024 02:03:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Break out of main while (1) loop using #break directive in a sub-loop s=
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 15 Jan 2023 21:35:00
Message: <web.63c4b7c742c56c9c1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:

> I recommend that you do not use break in loops.
> I've not yet seen a case where it cannot be avoided.

Indeed.

I've had several of the problems spontaneously resolve, and then ... spawn new
problems.

The new problems (and likely the old) are (were) a result of the values for nT
and j not working well with the arrays and/or flow control conditions.

I don't mind translating code from other languages (though pointers, operator
overloading, and things like "==>" are a pain) but translating crappily written
code is a real PITA, esp in SDL where we have limited visualization and
debugging tools, and no error trapping - coupled with the text buffer overflow
problem.

I was hoping to reach then end of the macro, so I could at least debug a faulty
result.   But now I'm just stuck in an endless loop (again).

I'm setting this aside for now - gotta get some sleep before driving one of the
Death Machines through a warehouse of people.

I'll just post the current "scene" file as it is so far, in case anyone wants to
feast their eyes on the horror.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'delaunaytriangulatetest1.pov.txt' (19 KB)