POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Gaussian curvature of a surface : Re: Gaussian curvature of a surface Server Time
26 Apr 2024 02:48:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gaussian curvature of a surface
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 6 Nov 2022 13:25:00
Message: <web.6367fade6f7bb9f501ba4b089db30a9@news.povray.org>
> I'll have to look into what other surface attributes can be color-mapped.
>
> Wondering if there's a simple/quick way to "reverse uv-map" a curvature-textured
> Bezier patch to yield a rectangular image map for further use.

If you are able to store the color for each vertex in an array, then you can
just insert the same colors into a mesh2 within a plane in front of the camera,
with the coordinates within that plane equal to the UV-coordinates for the
colors.

POV-Ray can then interpolate the colors (texture) within each mesh2 triangle in
that plane from the color (texture) for each vertex.

See the last section at this page; about "a texture per vertex":

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.7.1/68/

I did something similar in the TexturedTriangle() macro in this file:

https://github.com/t-o-k/POV-Ray-icosahedron/blob/main/Icosahedron_Coloured.pov

- in this repository:

https://github.com/t-o-k/POV-Ray-icosahedron

--