POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rotation matrices : Re: Rotation matrices Server Time
26 Apr 2024 02:38:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rotation matrices
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 7 Apr 2021 00:50:00
Message: <web.606d38e0565eea128e52cc8789db30a9@news.povray.org>
> "Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:
> ...  I would also like to figure out if there's a nice
> degrees-to-fractions-of-pi algorithm out there, and I could implement that.
> I'll probably just hard-code an array of text objects.

You can divide the angle by 180 and convert the resulting decimal number to a
fraction. Then you can use David Eppstein's "find rational approximation to
given real number" code as suggested in the first answer here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/95727/how-to-convert-floats-to-human-readable-fractions

> Do you watch 3blue1brown's channel?   It's - peaceful, and elegant, and
> mesmerizing.  It's one of the best things to happen to math in a long while.
> :)

Yes, I've seen some of his videos. Very good =)
I'm looking forward to the rest of them.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com