POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Strange media artefact : Strange media artefact Server Time
26 Apr 2024 20:33:48 EDT (-0400)
  Strange media artefact
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 8 Feb 2021 14:40:08
Message: <web.6021933a6b2775471f9dae300@news.povray.org>
While working out some media stuff for Mike, I ran a a quick media test to just
make sure I had the standard part working, and I got some odd results.

Perhaps someone could render this and tell me why the center gives me a nice x
gradient, but off to the sides I get those weird fans / lines.

(Alain, fyi:  the syntax is simply "method 3", not "sampling_method 3")

#version 3.8;
global_settings {assumed_gamma 1.0 }

camera {
 location <0, 8, -10>