POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Debugging loop-generated texture_map : Re: Debugging loop-generated texture_map Server Time
19 Apr 2024 15:12:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Debugging loop-generated texture_map
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 21 Jul 2019 18:15:01
Message: <web.5d34e2f56469dcf84eec112d0@news.povray.org>
OK, I got past the initial hurdle, and the texture_map is fine (apparently
POV-Ray didn't say that Texture_map was an invalid/undeclared identifier and
tried to use it anyway - the actual identifier is Texture_Map (capital M) )

So now I'm stuck trying to apply the commented out inner loop to make a layered
texture.

I get
Parse Error: Expected 'object or directive', texture found instead
at File: TwistedSoaCheP.pov Line: 173 Col: 14

The wiki shows:

#declare Layered_Examp =
  texture {T1}
  texture {T2}
  texture {T3}

may be invoked as follows:

object {
  My_Object
  texture {
    Layer_Examp
    // Any pigment, normal or finish here
    // modifies the bottom layer only.
    }
  }

{Notice also the typo error in the object texture - it should be
"Layered_Examp", not "Layer }_Examp"

So I will keep picking away at why it's not working.