POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Moire patterns when trying to create isosurface of earth using image maps : Re: Moire patterns when trying to create isosurface of earth using image ma= Server Time
23 Apr 2024 20:02:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moire patterns when trying to create isosurface of earth using image ma=
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 3 Jan 2019 06:40:00
Message: <web.5c2df3f0ae148c98765e06870@news.povray.org>
camera {
  location  <0.0, 0.0, -2.25*planetRadius>
  look_at   <0.0, 0.0,  0.0>
  right     x*image_width/image_height
}

Change your x and y for look_at a bit and see what happens

#declare isoSmooth = isosurface {
  function {f_sphere(x, y, z, planetRadius)}
  contained_by { sphere { 0, planetRadius+maxHeightAboveSea} }
  threshold 0.0
  accuracy 0.1
  max_gradient 1.1
  max_trace 1
}

I'd say my first instinct is to drastically reduce accuracy to 0.0000001

I'd also see about giving the sphere a slightly different finish to reduce the
harsh shadow effect.  Play with diffuse, etc.