POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Multiple Cameras (feature suggestion) : Multiple Cameras (feature suggestion) Server Time
18 Apr 2024 19:57:01 EDT (-0400)
  Multiple Cameras (feature suggestion)
From: Matthias
Date: 7 Dec 2018 17:20:01
Message: <web.5c0af0f49080a6c457f181210@news.povray.org>
I would like to use several different cameras in the same scene, where cameras
are associated to specific objects. The effect  I have in mind can be described
as follows:

Suppose your scene contains two towers in front of the camera, one to the left,
the other to the right. I would like them to render so that both towers appear
as if the camera was directly in front of each them both. This will result in a
slightly unrealistic perspective. Note that rotating the towers towards the
camera does not have the same
effect.

One can achieve this by hand by rendering two images of the individual towers,
each with the camera directly in front of the respective tower, and the rest of
the scene sent to alpha,
and  then blend the two images with the scene without the towers.

If one could associate a camera to an object so that rays that hit thet object
are
recorded by the associated camera, this would simplify the process, in
particular in complex scenes.

Matthias