POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Multiple Cameras (feature suggestion) Server Time
29 Mar 2024 07:37:31 EDT (-0400)
  Multiple Cameras (feature suggestion) (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Matthias
Subject: Multiple Cameras (feature suggestion)
Date: 7 Dec 2018 17:20:01
Message: <web.5c0af0f49080a6c457f181210@news.povray.org>
I would like to use several different cameras in the same scene, where cameras
are associated to specific objects. The effect  I have in mind can be described
as follows:

Suppose your scene contains two towers in front of the camera, one to the left,
the other to the right. I would like them to render so that both towers appear
as if the camera was directly in front of each them both. This will result in a
slightly unrealistic perspective. Note that rotating the towers towards the
camera does not have the same
effect.

One can achieve this by hand by rendering two images of the individual towers,
each with the camera directly in front of the respective tower, and the rest of
the scene sent to alpha,
and  then blend the two images with the scene without the towers.

If one could associate a camera to an object so that rays that hit thet object
are
recorded by the associated camera, this would simplify the process, in
particular in complex scenes.

Matthias

Post a reply to this message

Am 07.12.2018 um 23:18 schrieb Matthias:

> If one could associate a camera to an object so that rays that hit thet object
> are
> recorded by the associated camera, this would simplify the process, in
> particular in complex scenes.

There's a conceptual problem with this: It is the camera that defines
where a ray originates and in which direction it goes. So you have to
associate a camera /before/ you test which object(s) the ray hits.

Post a reply to this message